Saturday, September 27, 2008

My New Regimen!

For the past couple of months I've been trying out new products, etc. to see what will work better for my hair. Some things haven't changed... So here is my new regimen for fall 2008!
  • Wash hair every 2 days or whenever I feel like it. I usually wash my hair about 3 times a week. I love the feel of water on my scalp...

  • Deep condition with EVERY shampoo. I used to sit under my hair dryer everytime but that got to be too much. I think I am going to invest in a steam cap very soon! Currently, I am warming up my conditioner and putting 2 plastic grocery bags on my head. I let the conditioner stay on for about 2 hours.
  • Moisturize 1 or 2 times a day as needed!! This is very important! I always, always, always moisturize and I concentrate the most on my ends. I use either V05 or B & B Oil Moisturizing Lotion. I seal with either coconut or castor oil.

  • I only flat iron my hair in the first 2 weeks of my relaxer. After that I bun all the way to the next relaxer. Sometimes I do braidouts and other styles, but I don't use heat during that time except for special occasions.
  • I ALWAYS AIR DRY!!! I don't use a blowdryer to dry my hair.
  • After my washes, I put VO5 moisturizing conditioner in my hair as a leave in. I then seal with castor oil.

  • Clarify when needed. I like that squeaky clean feeling... : ).
  • I also do an ACV rinse at least 2 or 3 times a month. I may experiment with doing this more.

  • Will relax every 10 weeks (maybe earlier for special occasions). I will try stretching past this in the near future.
  • Will start back taking my hair and multivitamin.

  • Protective styling is a MUST!

No comments: