Thursday, October 02, 2008

Crazy Beautiful

Hey people, Let me tell about my new experience last night....I tried Dr. Woods Pure Peppermint Castile Soap. I had been eyeing this in the grocery store for awhile so I figured what the heck. It was $4.99 and I really liked the fact that all of the ingredients are natural. Remember I eventually want to use all natural products. Here's a list of the ingredients: Water, Saponified Coconut, Hemp & Olive Oils with retained Glycerin, Organic Shea Better, Vitamin E Oil, Peppermint Oil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract. It's also ph-balanced and biodegradable. Sounds good right??? Well...While I was rinsing the soap out of my hair felt EXTREMELY weird. It felt like a lot of buildup was still in my hair. Check it out: It's like when you wash your skin with regular bar soap and you leave the soap on too long and then when you rinse it off your skin it has this weird rubbery feeling to it like the soap is still on your skin! That's how the Dr. Woods soap was.
So I decided to just deep condition with VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream afterwards in hopes that my hair would return to normal...and guess what? It did! I left the VO5 for about 2 hours because I was watching the debate. Rinsing was great and I had a lot of slip in my hair. I applied my leave-ins and I woke up this morning with ULTRA SOFT HAIR. Now I don't know what to think...I am definitely going to research this product more. I mean...is this normal? I'm not used to washing my hair with a shampoo/soap and it feeling like that. The bottle says it can be used as a shampoo, body wash, etc. I will post what I find out about this crazy beautiful experience I had with Dr. Woods....I think next time I will dilute it with water and baking soda.Will probably post tommorrow because I'll be watching the season premiere of "The Game" tonight!!! Been waiting all summer for this.....lol.
Update: Okay, so after researching I am going to just try diluting it with water or baking soda and see if that works. I will be using this whole bottle though because I don't want it to go to waste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still using Dr. Woods? Have you tested it's PH?