Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Alternative to Stockings

It's no secret that I despise stockings. They itch and they are very uncomfortable to me....so as a result I never wear them. Years ago, I worked at a Dillards and all of the women had to wear them if we had on a skirt. They had a very strict dress code...Once I forgot to put some on with a suit. When I showed up at work, they told me that I needed to go purchase some stockings so....I went to another store in the mall and had to pay $8 for a pair! Needless to say, my dislike deepened... However, since it's winter and I like wearing skirts so I need to come up with another alternative....
Introducing.....sweater tights! I know I'm late...but I'm here now.lol I am in love with these sweater tights that can be found here. I figure that if they feel like a sweater then it won't be irritating to my skin at all. Right now I only want them in gray and black. I might do a color in the near future. Do any of you ladies adore or hate sweater tights? Please share!

2 comments:

sonya said...

I love these tights. I tend to really purhase more textured tights for my skirts & dresses, depending on where Im going. For work, I will usually just wear a trouser sock, or a knee hi (seems sooo old, lol) under pants to keep from the itchies.

Kenya said...

I need to try that trouser sock trick. I have sensitive skin and the slightest things irritate me...especially my legs.