Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Subtle Peacock Eyes

One of the things that I've never been into is makeup. I know a lot of girls started wearing make-up in junior/high school but I never got into it. I just looked at it as colored dirt being applied to the face...lol. I especially hated foundation. I only wore makeup for pageants, the 9th grade prom, and my senior prom. Other than that I usually steered away from it. It's funny because in one of my pageants I remember telling my mother I didn't want to wear makeup while I was backstage and she laughed and told me one day you'll like it....I replied with a feisty, "No, I wont!" Fast forwarding to the future....I started getting into makeup about 2 years ago and ever since I've been trying to perfect my skills. On most days I try to wear a little eyeshadow and lip gloss. I don't use makeup as a way to hide my face, I use it to accentuate my favorite features here and there... So I never overdo it. All women are naturally beautiful! Always remember that. :-) Here's a look I created. I call it "My Subtle Peacock Eyes" because it's not drama-filled. It's sweet and little daring. Check it out! This look doesn't involve a lot of eyeshadow. I don't have on false eyelashes and hardly any eyeliner...basically a quick look if you don't feel like doing too much. Here are the colors I used ( the ones with the boxes around them). Green- my lower lid Blue-above the green Dark Brown-in my crease Light Gold-on the top by eyebrow and inner corner Soon I'll "dramatize" this look....stay tuned! :-) -K.D. P.S. Today's the first day of March! Spring's coming....finally. I'm sick of the cold.....

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Looks great! Love your blog!!

Jenn
www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com