Friday, October 23, 2009

"Good Hair" Worth the Money?

For those of you that haven't seen Chris Rock's Good Hair (in selected cities) it debuts in theaters everywhere today......I don't know if I'm going to spend money to see this film. I haven't heard any impressive reviews about the movie so I might just wait for it to come out on demand or dvd.
I guess my expectations of this movie were too high. I would love to see a movie on real African American women taking care of their hair whether it's natural, relaxed, or weaved and the importance of hair care. You know? It could be a film showing African American women that they don't need weaves to grow healthy, long hair....showcasing real women with beautiful hair as proof. This movie seems like it just comes from the standpoint of the weave industry and women who wear weaves.
I'll speak more on this tommorrow....now I'm headed to see The Stepfather! Later.... -K.D.

No comments: