Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moving On Up!

Okay so ever since I quit my job, my life has been moving at a very hectic (at times overwhelming) rate. If you missed the news about me jumping off the mountaintop of "Follow Your Dreams" check that story out here. The hubs and I are moving out of our apartment and looking for a smaller apartment so we can save money for a house. We're also looking to move out of the D.C. area this year. I loved our time here, but it's time to move on to the next chapter of our life. We want to buy a home and start a family soon (not that soon though! hahaha). We want to be finally settled somewhere. The homes in this area are ridiculously OVERPRICED. Seriously it makes no sense on what they charge for homes in this area. We never planned on staying here long term thus the home prices really don't affect us that much. (The rent on our apartment does though!*rolls eyes*) I'm just itching to head back to the land I once knew...The South! 2010 symbolizes something so much more to us. It's about creating the life we want to live. So far we're on schedule with the goals we want to accomplish for this year and it's only the 2nd month! I'm very proud of myself and my husband. It helps A LOT that we both want the same things out of life. We don't just want to be satisfied, we want happiness. We're not the type of people that just settle for "whatever". That's just not good enough and we don't apologize for it. ;-)

4 comments:

True Naturalista said...

Hey girl, I live in Woodbridge, VA. It is cheaper down there. Look it up.

Kenya said...

Thanks girl. We're looking down there too but it's down on the list because of how far it is....

Hair Milk said...

Good Luck on the move, and I love the redesign!

LaQT/ Ty said...

I like the way you put this. Why settle for mediocre, especially if you want more. Glad your still on track with your goals.