Thursday, July 21, 2011

Healthy Hair Icon: Nakira!

1. What city can we find you twirling your hair? Baltimore, MD

2. Favorite food? I'm a Maryland girl so my favorite food has to be Maryland blue crabs! I love all seafood but crabs are dear to my heart!

3. Relaxed or natural? Natural

4. How do you keep your hair looking fly? What's your hair care regimen? 
I wish I could say I was a simple girl but I'm always trying new things. My reggie changes depending on whether I'm wearing a fro or straight hair. When my hair is curly I wash with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa shampoo and conditioner. I co wash almost daily with the same conditioner, then I add Kinky Curly Knot today and detangle with my Tangle Teezer. As I'm detangling I'll add a little KK Curling Custard or Eco Styler Gel. I recently started Jojoba oil to my hair prior to the Knot Today as an effort to keep my ends moisturized and prevent them from spliting. When my hair is straight I pre poo with honey, then wash with Nexxus Humectress ultra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner or Joico's K-Pak shampoo and conditioner. Next I Apply Nioxin leave in and braid my hair in four sections. Once airdried I flat iron with Oscar Blandi's Jasmine Hair Oil serum. Whether I'm straight or curly bi weekly I deep conditon with Nexxus Emergencee.
5. What's the craziest thing you've ever done to your hair? My senior year of high school I got my hair dyed orange and yellow. My mother kept saying my hair was going to fall out and i tried my hardest to hide from her that it was shedding but it was impossible to hide the bright hair everywhere! One day in class I was playing in my hair and realized it was coming out in clumps! I had to get it cut and dyed black before graduation.

6. What are your fave hair products? Wow there are so many!!! I LOVE honey, Kinky Curly's products, and my Tangle Teezer.

7. Favorite hairstyle? I love when my hair is blown out and I love when its curly. The blow out allows me to stretch my hair and give it a break from daily wash and go's. Day to day I rarely meet ppl with a fro so I love standing out a bit ;-)
 8. What's your favorite color? Hmmm I don't really have a favorite color I love red lisptick, gold bronzer, and orange blush so either of those colors are ok with me Lol!

9. The best season for my hair is summer because I can wash and gooooo!

10. The worst season for my hair is winter because its too cold to wash and go and I get a little heat damage from blow outs.

11. 3 words that describe your hair's personality. "Who's that girl" People always ask me about my hair simply because I change it so much.
12. The best thing about my hair is its versitile and I'm not a slave to it! I love not having to worry about rain, swimming, or anything like that. I don't have to take my hair too serious anymore, I just have fun!
13. Where can we find you on the web? My blog is Styleonawhim.blogspot.com
there you can find a link to my Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr pages. My blog is a work in progress but I try to capture everything I love in the fashion/beauty industry.


Wow! 2 snaps on the photo of you in the water. Get it girl! The shine in your hair is ridic. You're really making me wanna dye my hair back to black. Thanks so much for allowing me to feature you Nakira!

Got a bangin' head of hair? Let's see it ladies! Shoot me an email at thehairgurl@yahoo.com.
 

Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-) 

No comments: