Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Hairstyle: French Twist & Curls!

So here's the hairstyle I came up with after my straightened hair started to revert! :-) I LOVED it! It reminded me so much of this style I used to do on my relaxed hair.






My first time doing a dotted mani. :-)

Here's the scoop:
1. I moisturized my hair in sections with Vo5 Strawberries & Cream Moisturizing Conditioner & then sealed with my Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil. (I'm done experimenting with this conditioner on my natural hair. IT WORKS. My hair was very soft & moisturized.) I let the conditioner dry & soak into my hair.
 
2. Twisted up the back of my hair using bobby pins along the way. I stopped at the top of my head.

3. Twisted & rolled my hair in the front bang, top, & right front side of my hair.  I only added a very, very small amount of water to each section (so the hair could air dry faster). We were going to a house party for the Redskins-Cowboys game so I didn't have a lot of time. I think I did about 8 of them.

4.Took out the twists. Separated them a little. I realized that the ones in the front bang area didn't curl like I want them too, so i did about 4 banku knots to get that curl action going on.

5. Added my Apricot Mango Extra Rich Butter from DIY Hair Care Products to the nape and sides of my hair. Soft city ladies! I kept touching the sides & nape all evening like "Is this my hair?" lol! And it smells great. This is my 2nd time using this butter & it moisturizes the hair extremely well. I also should mention- since the Apricot Mango Butter mainly consists of shea butter that means I've tried shea butter. So I'm officially done with my 2011 Hair Resolutions! ;-)


I'll be doing a YouTube video for this hairstyle very soon! :-)


Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-)

3 comments:

CheapChicandCurvy said...

I love this girlie! I can't wait to try this after taking down a twist out or something!

Kourtney
CheapChicandCurvy

LaQT/ Ty said...

You are so creative with your hair. You look beautiful.

Kenya said...

@CCC Thank you! Let me know how it turns out!!! :D

@LaQt-Thanks girl!! I'm back on my hairstyles now! lol!