Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Master Cleanse

Today, my fiance and I are starting "The Master Cleanse". It's supposed to flush our bodies of all the toxins we eat, improve skin, increase energy, etc. Supposedly, this is the diet Beyonce did to lose the weight for DreamGirls. I think it will be a very uplifting experience. Throughout the whole cleansing we can't eat solid food. We have to drink the "juice" whenever we get hungry. Of course, I needed to tweak the diet a bit....We will be eating minimal vegetables along with the cleansing because we do a lot of moving around (i.e, walking, running, etc.). I don't wanna faint or something so we at least have to eat vegetables...lol. I also don't want to lose a lot of weight (maybe 2 or 3 lbs. at the most). I am already slim so I'm not trying to look anorexic! We'll see how the cleansing goes...I will keep ya'll posted. We said we'd do it for 10 days, but it may have to be shortened because of other things... Here's the drink recipe: 8 or 12 ounces of water 2 tablespoons of grade B syrup pinch of cayenne pepper 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or lime juice Let me just say... that grade B syrup is delicious! If it weren't so expensive I would like to put that on biscuits, etc. I hope the one bottle we bought lasts for at least the whole time because I don't want to buy another one. BTW, it's $12 a bottle. The most I'd ever paid for syrup was $4 so you can imagine my shock.... Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this..I do it a few times a year...It helps me control my weight..

I mix my Lemonade myself much cheaper

Kenya said...

Traycee how did you feel at the end of the cleanse? I am on day 2 and so far it's not so bad. We are mixing the drink ourselves too.

Anonymous said...

how does it feel? don't you feel strange?

Kenya said...

Well we aborted the project after 3 days. I didn't feel strange, I actually felt very energized. We're going to do it again next year for a longer time...