As you all know I will be relaxing soon...10/22 to be exact. I will be using Vitale. I had excellent results with this the last time. So I decided to post some things that I do before I relax.
- A week before, I start clarifying my hair. Clarifying completely strips the hair of everything and I don't want anything coming between my ng and the relaxer.
- I deep condition with a protein condish a few times....
- I comb out my hair so it's not tangled the day before. I do this very gently.
- A couple of days before I relax I base my scalp with whatever I have laying around. I use petroleum jelly, coconut oil or grease, etc. It really just depends on what I grab first. I base the day of as well..
- The day of the actual relaxer I coat my ends with some kind of conditioner and oil as not to process this hair. This time I might be trying CHI Infusion...I'll let ya know.
- I need to get back on using Roux Porosity. I used to use this as a final rinse on the last wash before the relaxer. It prevents chemical shock and equalizes hair porosity. I might buy some this time.
- I don't scratch or manipulate my scalp in any way at least the 4 full days before I relax. And that's it! I hope this helps anyone looking for relaxer preppin' tips.