Wednesday, November 05, 2008

WE DID IT!!!

Yes we can and yes we did! I'm sure you already know that Barack Obama has been elected the 44th president of the United States of America! This is African American history people and I for one never thought I would see the day that I would be able to say: My President is black! lol Last night was so emotional for me and I'll never forget it. My mother is making a scrapbook about this whole experience and I think I will make one too. Please let's not forget how far we've come...when I think about the church burnings, lynchings, slavery, Jim Crow laws, being denied the right to vote....everything....I just get so emotional because people died for us to get to this moment. And finally it's here!!
So here's to President Barack Obama and his beautiful family!! Congratulations!!!! :-)

No comments: