Of course this list is based solely on the relaxers I've tried. I declared myself a no-lye lady a long time ago after a lye relaxer burned the crap out of my scalp! No-lye relaxers are known for being easier on the scalp and harder on the hair. The trick is finding one that's great, but doesn't leave your hair desert dry like most no-lye relaxers do. Check out the no-lye relaxers I've tried....
*My No-Lye Relaxer Archive*
1. Dark & Lovely No-Lye Conditioning Relaxer- used this for most of my life & it always left my hair dry :-(
2. Luster's PCJ No-Lye Creme Relaxer for Children- my first relaxer as a child, I loved seeing the PCJ ads in Essence magazine!
3. Soft & Beautiful No-Lye Conditioning Relaxer
4. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil No-Lye Relaxer
5. Vitale Olive Oil Sensitive Scalp No-Lye Relaxer
6. Dr. Miracle's Feel It Formula Thermalceutical Intensive No-Lye Relaxer - only used this once
7. African Pride Miracle Deep Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer-used this for years
8. Elasta QP No-Lye Conditioning Creme Relaxer9. Profective Anti-Damage No-Lye Relaxer
10. Luster's Pink Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer-only used this once too
11. Optimum Care Anti-Breakage No-Lye Relaxer
12. Alter Ego Linange No-Lye Shea Butter Creme Relaxer
13. Silk Elements MegaSilk No-Lye Relaxer
And out of those here are the leading ones.
*My Top 5 No-Lye Relaxers*
You guys know I've been using this relaxer since last spring and I LOVE IT. This relaxer provides my hair with the softness, body, and shine I've always looked for! And it straightens my roots. :D I talk about it all the time.....I'm totally satisfied with this relaxer so I doubt I'll be changing again.2. Silk Elements MegaSilk No-Lye Relaxer
This is a great relaxer and it's cheap! It's around $5-8 depending on where you live. This is what I was using before I found the Alter Ego. SE definitely makes your hair feel silky! 3. Elasta QP No-Lye Conditioning Creme Relaxer
Another great relaxer...Elasta QP left me with beautiful waves. My new growth was straight, but wavy. 4. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil No-Lye Relaxer This was the second relaxer I used at the beginning of my hair care journey back in 2007. I remember walking around the entire day touching my hair because it was so SOFT. My hair had never been that soft after a relaxer. I really couldn't believe it.... 5. Vitale Olive Oil Sensitive Scalp No-Lye Relaxer Vitale gives you great results as far straightness. My roots were always straight with this relaxer. Honorable Mention: I have heard about how great Phyto Phytospecific Phytorelaxer Index I & II & Avlon Affirm Sensitive Scalp Relaxer are, but I've never tried them because of how expensive they are. My Alter Ego costs me about $15-20 depending on what kind of shipping I get. So the price is definitely right. Have you guys tried any of these relaxers? What's your favorite relaxer?