Thursday, November 04, 2010

Product Yay: Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil


So I'm back with a product review! The very kind people over at Tropical Traditions sent me a very generous 32 fl. oz jar of Virgin Coconut Oil. Of course, I was excited because I lovvvvve coconut oil. They even have a whole page just for virgin coconut oil. Click here to check it out.

What the Jar Says: Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is made from organic, fresh coconuts in rural areas of the Philippines. Only the highest quality organic coconuts are hand selected for use in our Gold Label brand, and the pure coconut water from inside the coconut is used to extract the coconut milk using traditional methods. Small-scale family businesses produce this oil in small batches, taking great care and pride in their work. All aspects of the production, including packaging, are certified organic according to the strictest standards. This product has been tested repeatedly in laboratories to show that it contains the highest amounts of antioxidants available in Virgin Coconut Oil, earning our designation as Gold Label Standard. Tropical Traditions was the first company to export Virgin Coconut Oil out of the Philippines, and continues to set the standard today for the finest quality Virgin Coconut Oil available.  

My Review: I know a lot of people use coconut oil for various reasons, but I use it strictly for my hair. :-) I've been using specifically on my hair to seal after I wash & apply my leave-ins. It makes my hair so soft! I thought I would notice a difference between this virgin coconut oil & extra virgin coconut oil, but I didn't. According to TT's website, "there is no difference between "virgin" and "extra virgin." This TT virgin coconut oil is 100% organic virgin coconut oil so I don't have to worry about other ingredients mixed with it. ALSO, I applied the oil to my entire scalp earlier this week and I haven't had dandruf since! I'm loving that because I've always been plagued by dry scalp. : \ I'm going try using the Tropical Traditions brand as a pre-poo and see how that works out too.(Sidenote: I'm noticing that my hair absorbs coconut oil more than it used to.Hmmmm. Still investigating.)  

Would I recommend it? Yes, I would-especially as a scalp treatment! Check out their website at www.tropicaltraditions.com for more information about their oils. Note: Tropical Traditions sent me a free jar of their Gold Label Standard Virgin Coconut Oil. I'm not obligated to write a positive review in return. My review consists of my honest opinion of the product.

 
Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-)

2 comments:

antithesis said...

yay! ur posting again. i like to put coconut oil on the night b4 i wash with a plastic cap and i tie my hair the way i normally would. i LOVE it. sometimes i add cheap conditioner if my new growth is especially unruly but thats not usually until the 12/14 week mark.

Kenya said...

Yep! I'm def going to try pre-pooing with the coconut oil like you do. I tried pre-pooing before, but didn't notice a difference. So i hope it works this tiime!