Start by unbraiding one of the braids. This is how it looks when I unbraid it.....Oh and before I unbraid I put extra virgin coconut oil on the ends of my hair.
Then I finger comb it for this effect. It becomes more bouncy. I do this to each section separately.
This is how one section looks after being unbraided and finger combed. I just repeat this step for each section until it looks completely wild. ;-)
I just comb through it lightly to make it BIG. I don't comb it thoroughly...I kind of pick through it. Be sure not to create any tangles. It's easy to create those with braidouts.
Voila...this is the finished product. :-)
- Everyone's braidout doesn't look the same! Everyone's hair texture is unique so don't go beating yourself up if your hair doesn't look like the next chick. Love your hair. Okay?
- The smaller the braid, the smaller the curl & wave. I like bigger waves & curls so I do bigger braids. That works for me & you'll have to find out what works for you. ;-)
- Braidouts take practice! I've been doing them since '08 so I've gotten pretty good at them. In '07, my hair was shorter so twistouts looked better on me. Go figure. Now I'm braidouts all the way!
- Always make sure to add some kind of a oil to the ends. I use extra virgin coconut oil. Braidouts can really dry the hair out....especially the ends.
- Rock it! If you're wearing a bangin' braidout you MUST own it. When I wear my hair this big, I feel so fly. :D
Make sure you are following me on Twitter &