Monday, July 25, 2011

Healthy Hair Icon: Gurl Nappy!

1. What city can we find you twirling your hair? Houston

2. Favorite food? Shrimp! I could eat it every day. It's so versatile & can be cooked so many different ways.

3. Relaxed or natural? I've been completely natural since July 31, 2009.

4. How do you keep your hair looking fly? What's your hair care regimen? My regimen depends on how I feel on that particular day/week. I have just incorporated deep conditioning into my regimen (more often) that is. I would usually do it once a month, but now I am trying to do it more often.(once a week) Since my hair is so thick & coarse, water is my friend. Especially in this Texas heat! Depending on what look I am going for, helps to determine what products that I use. I usually create my own deep conditioner infusing egg whites, olive oil, grapeseed oil, carrot oil, & castor oil. My fav condish at the moment (whatever that may be) and let it 'marinate' in my hair overnight & then the next day, my hair would come out very soft. The shampoo that I'm using right now is Miss Jessie's ‘Crème de la Curl’ along with her ‘Crème de la Crème’ condish. For my twists, I use the Miss Jessie’s ‘Baby Buttercream’ moisturizer.

5. What's the craziest thing you've ever done to your hair? Hmmm… I think the craziest thing that I’ve done with my hair happened back in High School. Almost every two months, I would have a different color in my hair, using rinses and permanent dye. I think I had almost every color you could think of, from black to orange.

6. What are your fave hair products? My all time fav products are Miss Jessie’s line. I haven’t tried a product that my hair hasn’t responded excellent to from that company. (My favorite is the baby butter cream) I am also in love with Carol’s Daughter, loc butter, hair milk and tui oil. The newest line that I am experimenting with now is Shea Moisture and the more I use them, the better my hair likes it. I guess I kinda consider myself a PJ.
7. What is the hair product, tool, or accessory that you absolutely can not live without? The hair product that is a 'must-have' for me is my Kinky Curly 'Knot Today'. Having that is a life saver. With all of this thick, coarse hair that so easily packs down and gets tangled, it helps a lot! As far as tools and accessories, I can't say that I have any favorites, my Denman and wide tooth comb helps a lot with my detangling processes as well though. ...

8. Favorite hairstyle? My fav thing to do with my hair is mini twists. I usually leave them up for a week or two and then take them down for a twist-out. I used to be very big on manipulating my hair almost every day, but I am learning that she (my hair) likes to be left alone to do what she does. (lol) It helps a lot with the growth of my hair as well.
9. What's your favorite color? I have two. Green and purple.

10. The best season for my hair is winter because I am able to keep my hair feeling soft after moisturizing, without the sun drying it out.

11. The worst season for my hair is summer because Houston’s summers are scorchers! The sun and humidity causes my hair to be very dry and brittle.

12. 3 words that describe your hair's personality. Kinky, Coily, & Fabulous

13. The best thing about my hair is that I am able to wear is straight for a while and wash it when I’m tired of it & it reverts back to my coils, kinks & curls. To put it in one word, it’s VERSATILE.
14. Where can we find you on the web? Youtube.com/gurlnappy and my newly created FB fan page which you can find by searching gurlnappy

*************************************************************
 I LOVE your hair color! I think I may be slightly addicted to looking at hair color because lately that's become a past time of mine. Thanks for allowing me to feature you!

Got a magnificent head of hair? Let's see it ladies! Shoot me an email at thehairgurl@yahoo.com.
 
 Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-) 

No comments: