Monday, July 25, 2011

Tears Dry on Their Own


I'm sure you've all heard that Amy Winehouse died over this past weekend. I went back & forth over whether I should post this or not, but I just had too. I didn't have any of her albums, but I liked the songs I'd heard from her. After reading the news on Twitter, the 1st thing that popped into my mind was her song from the Back to Black album, "Tears Dry On Their Own". A few years ago, I was talking to my friend & former boss, Cathey, in her office & she played "Tears Dry On Their Own" for me. She laughed & told me how her & her daughter would dance to it at home. I giggled as I sat there imagining Cathey & her daughter dancing to the song. Great times that I miss now that I've moved to away. I'll never forget that conversation. And that was just one of many that we had. :-) So naturally when I heard of her death, I thought of Cathey & that moment in her office. RIP Amy Winehouse. That song will always have a special place in my heart. Love & miss you Cathey. :-)

Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-)

No comments: