Friday, September 02, 2011

The 70's Are Back

I've always said this even before going natural. If I could go back in time & live in any decade as a young adult, I would definitely pick the 70's. :-) The fashion, the pride, the songs, the phrases, the AFROS...I'm convinced the 70's is my long lost era.








 And now me.....

When I combed out my twist out yesterday, I couldn't help but feel like Troy from the movie, Crooklyn. Remember when Troy rocked a 'fro at the end?


To me, her afro symbolized how much she'd grown throughout the movie. Rocking my afro can be best described by this. When the hubs saw my hair he said, "This is the moment you've been waiting for, huh?"



Pics gathered from around the web.


Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-)

3 comments:

TiAnna Mae said...

I love the photo! That shirt along with the fro is hot! How long have you been natural?

tiannamae.blogspot.com

LaQT/ Ty said...

LOL! I love Crooklyn. I can definitely see why it reminded you of Troy. You look great.

Kenya said...

@Tianna Thanks! I'm almost 8 months in! :D I think I'm gonna straighten at 8 months...still debating.

@LaQT I know right?! That's my movie girl. I felt like I'd arrived. ;-)