Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Product Yay: WEN & Length Check!

Length Check, almost 7 weeks post
I just finished washing my hair with my beloved WEN. The nice people over at WEN sent me a free bottle of their Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner to try out.
So......here's what the bottle says: Rinse hair thoroughly, then apply 16-24 pumps of WEN to your palms and rub together. More, for longer and thicker hair. Apply to your scalp, massaging vigorously, and add a splash of water to create a foaming effect. WEN has no detergents or Sodium Laurel Sulfate, so it won't lather. Massage vigorously for 1-3 minutes, comb through hair, and leave on at least 3-5 minutes, for maximum conditioning. Comb through and rinse hair thoroughly, massaging scalp and running fingers through to the ends. Apply a dime size as a leave-in conditioner if desired.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat, Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum, Limonene. Now the first time I used WEN I kind of just slapped it in my hair. I didn't really do a good job at applying it to my scalp and massaging vigorously like the bottles says. I can be impatient like that sometimes.....so I won't tell you about THOSE results. Not Good. Needless to say, I followed the directions from then on. lol
HG How It Is
I've used the cleansing condish about 4 or 5 times and it gets better each time. I'm serious ya'll. This condish really does clean your scalp. You have to make sure you really get it into your scalp. Massage your scalp extremely well. Adding some water (like the directions) to your hair makes for easier distribution of the WEN. This is what gets your scalp clean. I use only about 10-12 pumps for my hair. The sweet almond mint really invigorates my scalp. For the past week I'd been having major dandruff problems with the front of my head. The WEN and a quick ACV rinse cleared up that problem right up. My scalp feels very refreshed. :-) I definitely recommend this condish. ;-)

For more information about their products click here!

*Note: WEN by Chaz Dean sent me this product free of charge. In addition, I was not compensated. My reviews are always based on my honest opinion. I test out the products thoroughly so that I am able to give the most accurate review.*

2 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

I just bought the Fig condish and was impressed with results following the first wash. Good to know others like it also.

Kenya said...

Ooh haven't tried the fig yet! I may buy that when my pockets get a little heavier. ;-)