Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hair Gurl Alert: Royce Lindsay Reed Q & A

Hey ladies,
I'm so excited ya'll! This is my first celebrity interview. :D This is a very BIG moment for HG! Awhile ago, I had the privilege to ask Royce Lindsay Reed, from VH1's Basketball Wives , about her gorgeous mane. She's such a sweet person and she had no problem answering my questions. I've been admiring (oogling) her hair ever since the season started. Well, it's the truth....hahaha. While most are fixated on the drama, I'm fixated on the hair!
Reed, a 29 year old Florida native, also wears many hats including business owner & mother. Reed, who's danced professionally for NBA's own Orlando Magic & Miami Heat, runs her own Burlesque Dance Company called Fantashique. She's also a mother to her son, Braylon.
So check out our conversation.... :-)
HG: Are you relaxed or natural?
RLR: Natural!
HG: How do you maintain your natural hair?
RLR: I use Kinky Curly Custard. Love this stuff! I also use Biosilk & I wash with Pantene products.
HG: On the show, you wear your hair curly & straight. What's your favorite hairstyle?
RLR: Curly! Because when I get out of the shower, I put the Kinky Curly Custard in it and go! HG: I love curly hair too. So when you wear your hair straight what kind of a flat iron do you use?
RLR: I use the Paul Mitchell Pro Tools flat iron.
HG: You seem like a do-it-yourself kind of girl. Do you trim your own ends?
RLR: Yes!

As you guys can see, the self-proclaimed tomboy is pretty simple when it comes to hair maintenance. She even shared with me that while she doesn't wear a scarf to bed, she sleeps on a silk pillowcase. Royce has an easy routine that's definitely working for her hair. It's beautiful, thick, and healthy! She also did a Ustream video to answer questions from the fans & she was flat ironing. Loved it! :-)

You can find out what's going on with Royce by checking out her website: http://www.roycelyndsay.com/ You can also reach her on Twitter @roycelr & Facebook. Learn more about her dance company, Fantashique by clicking here. Remember to check out VH1's Basketball Wives every Sunday @ 10:00pm eastern time!

Photos courtesy of www.vh1.com & www.iamdwaynemoore.com

Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I feel like talking about. :-)

1 comment:

Missy said...

Thanks for doing this interview! I wear my hair curly and straight, and I was wondering how Royce got such good curl.