2. Favorite food? I am a lover of all foods…well let me not say all. I am a lover of most food; Soul food, Mexican food, Italian food, just to name a few. But what makes me a happy girl on any given day is ICE CREAM AND BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!! I mean, I just love me some ice cream and birthday cake. I knock over children at birthday parties and everything. Sike, just kidding! Seriously, I think I have an addiction…just ask my hubby. SMH! Lol!!!!
3. How do you keep your hair looking fly? What's your hair care regimen?
I visit my loctitian every 3-4 weeks. When I visit, my regimen includes a deep shampoo cleanse with a herbal infused conditioning rinse. Every product my loctitian use is NATURAL! No chemically altered anything. So if you turn the shampoo bottle over and read the ingredients, you'll see that you can pronounce (lol) or maybe even have the ingredients that the shampoo is composed of! The herbal conditioning rinse (my favorite part) is composed of just warm herbal tea, and essential oils such as olive oil, rosemary oil, grape seed oil, etc. I swear when she pours it on my scalp and hair, it feels like I am at the spa…lol!! I absolutely love it!
In between visits, I make sure I keep my hair moisturized, wrapped at night, and styled. I love playing around in my hair! I get a lot of my inspiration from YouTube!!
4. Relaxed or natural? Natural. It was the best decision I could have made for my hair. I started my natural journey in 2005 and decided to lock in 2009. Ever since the beginning, I have NEVER regretted my decision of giving up the "creamy crack"!!! LOL! My hair is at its best so there is no looking back for me!!
6. What are your fave hair products? I love to use olive oil! Plain ole’, grocery store bought olive oil. I also love using Shea Butter Blends that my salon sells. They smell so good and are just as good for my hair! My favorite blends are Mandisa and Tapanga. Mandisa is a strawberry, lemon, and almond oil blend. Tapanga is a grapeseed, nettle, tangergine, rosemary, and sage blend.
7. What is the hair product, tool, or accessory that you absolutely can not live without? I L.O.V.E. using flowers as an accessory. It adds the perfect flare! I have one in almost every color! I also can’t do without my black mini rubber bands and hair pins! They are essential for the cutest hair style! I always have plenty on hand!
10. The best season for my hair is spring because the heat of summer and the cold of winter DRIES THE CRAP OUT OF MY HAIR! Spring is the perfect balance.
11. The worst season for your hair is____ because____. Oops! See Number 8. Tehehehe!
12. 3 words that describe your hair's personality. Healthy, Classic, and Fun!
14. Where can we find you on the web? I do not have a website, blog, or twitter page. However, I did document my Loc Journey of Facebook. I can send the album if anyone is interested!
Tiffany is always posting pics of her beautiful locs on Facebook & I just had to get her to dish about her hair! I'm a lover of birthday cake & ice cream too! There are certain times of the year that I crave a whole birthday cake (even though I can't eat it all!). Good to know I'm not the only one, lol. Thanks for allowing me to feature you!
Got a bangin' head of hair? Let's see it ladies! Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you are following me on Twitter &
Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-)