Monday, March 05, 2012

Healthy Hair Icon: Ty!

1. What city can we find you twirling your hair? New York

2. Favorite food? Pizza and Sushi (but not together!)

3. Relaxed or Natural? Team Natural

4. How do you keep your hair looking fly? I let me curls do what every they please. A part of being natural was letting my hair do whatever daily.

5. What's the craziest thing you've ever done to your hair? When I was younger I went to the salon (against my mother's permission) and shaved one side of my hair like Salt and Pepa. I had watched the "Push It" video over and over again. Then I saw Mc Lyte rocking the same look. So I convinced my stylist that my mother was ok with it. I was punished for a month but I LOVED my hair and I was THE flyest girl in 8th grade. Go figure that now I'm rocking a mohawk, LOL.

6. What are your fave hair products? Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue, Jane Carter shampoo and conditioner, and raw shea butter for my scalp.

7. What is the hair product, tool, or accessory that you absolutely can not live with out? I've been using Shimmering Lights since I was a teen to brighten the grey that I've always had. I shampoo with it at least 2x a month whether my hair is permed or natural.

8. Favorite hairstyle? My mohawk was a big change for me. But it matches my sassy attitude and fearless lifestyle.

9. What's your favorite color? Purple. But I wear mostly grey and black.

10. The best season for your hair is Fall & Spring because it's less humidity in the hair and hair stays soft and flowy.

11. The worst season for your hair is Summer because it's usually 100+ outside and my hair tends to frizz up no matter what product I've used.

12. 3 words that describe your hair's personality. Wild, daring, fly


13. Where can we find you on the web?
 GorgeousInGrey.com,twitter.com/ohmyty,& facebook.com/gorgeousingrey

**************************************************************************
A gray-haired mohawk? That's definitely the business. My husband even exclaimed, "Yeah, her hair is pretty." And it's so shiny! I loved your story about shaving one side of your head like Salt-N-Pepa. Too funny! Thank you for allowing me to feature you! What do you think about Ty's hair? Leave your comments below!


I'm always looking for Healthy Hair Icons! Send me 4-6 photos of your gorgeous natural or relaxed locks to be considered. Email me at: thehairgurl@yahoo.com


Make sure you are following me on Twitter & Facebook for more of my ramblings about hair and anything else I want to talk about. :-)
 

1 comment:

TheLeoDuo said...

Definitely feelin' this one!

The gray adds personality!

*Personality Walk!....Personality Talk!....*